Monday, July 26, 2010

Encourage One Another

But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.  Hebrews 3:7-19

In the last four years of my life, I have learned more skills and over come more obstacles as a mother than I ever have in my life. It’s amazing to me how my girls have stretched me beyond what I ever thought possible.    If you are a mother I know you can relate.  There are a whole new set of skills that you need to get through the challenges of your day.

Speaking from someone who just recently had a newborn baby, just the accomplishment of getting your baby to sleep through the night is like you’ve just conquered the world!
Most of the time I’m the only one who notices these small accomplishments in my day, so I’ll give myself a self-high five and move on. 

There are a number of people in my life who are great at noticing my small achievements too.   Even though many of my friends and family have already learned these skills long ago, they are really good at congratulating me on my small successes.  It’s this encouragement that helps me to keep striving for the next hopeful success as a mother. 

Even though we are able to accomplish good things on our own, it’s great when we have the support and encouragement of the people around us.  While we should not have to rely on the encouragement of others, it certainly goes a long way to assist us in our journey.  Romans 12:8 says, “If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging” It so wonderful that God reveals His love for us through the people in our lives.  He also invites us to be a part of his plan to encourage and help others too.  No matter how insignificant we may seem, each has an indispensable role to play in bringing Christ to one another and to the world. You never quite know how your encouraging words can help that person in your life, but I can tell you it’s a great feeling to know I’m not alone.

Proverbs 12:25, "An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up."
1 Thessalonians 5:11, "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
Galatians 5:22, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness."

No comments:

Post a Comment