Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Little Box of Happiness

The righteous man leads a blameless life; blessed are his children after him. Proverbs 20:7

For father's day last year, Kinley and I decided to write several short descriptions on why Russell made a good husband and daddy. Here are some of my favorites:

I love to wave good-bye to my daddy when he goes to work in the morning. - Kinley

I love reading with you and when you act out the characters. - Diane

I love it when you play in my room. - Kinley

He has this little box of happiness that sits on his night stand and I'll occasionally catch him reading them and I know it makes him smile. Even though I know his job as a father and husband can be difficult, (especially since he's out numbered in our house by women) he always finds subtle ways to show he cares for us. There is no doubt in my mind that God brought us together to share in our life as one. It was truly a divine act of grace and I am so grateful and humble for a gift I did not deserve.

Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart. - Psalm 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment