Friday, June 24, 2011

Friends are God's Helpers

Every week two of my dear friends and I take turns taking our older kiddos to the movies. This past week I had the chance to see Yogi Bear with the kiddos. Even though some critics would say this was a terrible movie, I thought it was pretty hilarious. But I guess I can be pretty elementary when it comes to my sense of humor. It was a nice break to sit through a movie and enjoy laughing with Kinley and Brayden and nibble on a few pieces of popcorn.

When we got back to Tamara’s house, she offered to make lunch. Of course I was ecstatic; she’s the type of person who always has a good recipe tucked away. Take a look at her yummy corned beef sandwich she put together. I savored every bite. In fact, I introduced it to another sweet friend who loved it as well. I’m so thankful for friendships in my life that make my days so much more enjoyable. After all, Friendship isn’t a big thing – it’s a million little things that make it wonderful.


No need for a fork!

Mmmm...Good!
 Recipe:


Jewish Rye Bread (no seeds)
Corned Beef - thin sliced
Swiss cheese - Sliced
Thousand Island dressing
Can add sauerkraut if you want

Butter both sides of bread, add dressing, Swiss cheese and corned beef and cook on stove top till brown.

2 comments:

  1. I'm STILL thinking about this sandwich Diane! You are such a good cook... thank your friend for me for passing on her recipe so that I could enjoy it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will Holli!! Hope your weekend is a success;)

    ReplyDelete