Friday, June 3, 2011

Take me all the way.

I started the day walking with my friend Tina. I peeled myself out of bed because I knew it was something that I needed both physically and emotionally. Since the arrival of baby Colson, I’ve been happy to write off getting out of bed as one of my accomplishments for the day. (This third baby has kind of thrown me for a loop) So it's about time I start taking those baby steps to get my body back into super model shape like it was before ;)

Anyway, I digress! On the drive home I was listening to a song that I've heard several times playing on the radio but for some reason, the lyrics stood out like a cherry on an ice-cream Sunday. It was about giving everything instead of going through the motions.

Here lately I've said if they made a movie of my life it would be a lot of me wiping a lot of hands, faces and butts. Some days I feel like I'm just going through the motions and mundane tasks of my day. “It might hurt, and it’s not safe but I know that I gotta make a change I don’t care if I break. At least I’ll be feeling something ‘Cause just okay is not enough help me fight through the nothingness of life.”

We are only here on this earth for a short time and I have a choice to make daily. I can put my all into serving Jesus Christ and making the very most of each day or I can simply go through the motions of what I have to do to survive. It’s time for me to start making some changes and seeing every part of my life through God's eyes. He is the only one that can help my heart defeat my mind.  He is the one who can take me all the way.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Diane.... I love how you can recognize things in yourself and about yourself and then consciously decide to make the changes you want to make. That's the sign of a good soul..... I miss you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entire post is like a window into my life! It is easy to go through the mundane stuff and get lost in the midst of it! John 10:10 says, "I have come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly." Sometimes I settle for just life.....I want the abundance!!!!!

    ReplyDelete