Monday, June 13, 2011

Dream Builders

In my past life before I started having kids, I was a director of admissions for a business school. The main purpose of my position in a nutshell was to inspire people to go back to school. I remember telling them the night of orientation that the world is divided into two types of people..."Dream killers” and “Dream builders". There are those who think the best in people and try to draw out positive qualities. And then there are those people in life who think the worst in people, push them away and look for the bad. I would then say it’s easy to pinpoint some of the dream killers in our life. However, the ones we need to watch out sometimes are those who are closest to us. They may not even realize their negativity.

For those who know me, you know I’m not perfect; in fact I’m a perfectionist at being imperfect. I’ve done some things in my life that I’m not proud to admit. Nonetheless, I’m thankful for an all forgiving God who sees my heart and knows I’m a work in progress. I’m also thankful for those who have never given up on me, especially my husband.

Often times many of us tend to push people away and exploit their bad qualities when things go wrong or when it’s not done in the way we thought it should be done. It’s so easy to do. Nonetheless, no one is perfect except our heavenly father. Without sounding to cliché or preachy, we should all inspire to be dream builders in the lives of others. We never know where that person may be on their journey with Christ but by believing and breathing life into the people in our lives, we just might get them a little closer to serving God's all mystifying plan in this life.

4 comments:

  1. Sigh....this is much easier for me to do in the lives of people outside my home. Sadly, it is much harder to do within my own walls. The people I love the most tend to get the worst of me rather than the best. I need to go the extra mile to be a "dream builder" for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So TRUE! I fall short every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're definitely a dream builder for me Diane!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too sweet Holli:-) your a great dream builder yourself kid!

    ReplyDelete