Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Snow Cone Lady















It’s the end of August and another summer’s promise is almost gone…though the long summer heat is coming to an end, we were excited to spend the last day of August at the Snow Cone lady. (The most famous woman in our house during these hot summer days!)
 
Have you ever noticed that our lives unfold through seasons? We experience periods of joy like robbing your daughter’s piggy bank for $3.00 and meeting great friends for a snow cone, to times that we experience
sadness and emptiness, like the trees in winter that sleep for a time. In spite of that, like the joy of eating a snow cone in the summer, so also the trees in the winter are called back to new life with the
blossoms in the spring.
 
During my difficult times, I sometimes begin to feel that God has forgotten me, left me in darkness. But no: God never intended for any of us to stop seeking him, we were made to have communion with him in
every situation. It amazes me, just when I feel complacent in my walk with Him, He allows adversity to happen. Gratefully, With those hardships, produces more dependence on Him. And in many ways helps me
have more compassion and understanding for others. Perhaps I can't make a difference in the world if I can’t relate to the struggles of others?
 
The Lord says it simply and directly to His people: “I am concerned about you.” And it’s more than a soothing sentiment. God came down from Heaven, and He experienced suffering and sorrow in human flesh.
We know that in Jesus we have an advocate who is compassionate and understanding. May I never doubt His concern for me.
 
Father, help me appreciate all the seasons of my life. Weather in summer or fall may I honor You, in Christ’s precious name. Amen


3 comments:

  1. I really really wanted to go to this lady this summer but I never made it there... has she closed up shop now for the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did:( We need to go when she opens next year! She is amazing Holli

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to go with you all... let's do that for sure!

    ReplyDelete