Thursday, September 2, 2010

GG


                                            Gloria "GG"  January 10, 1931 - August 22, 2010

There are a handful of people who come into your world, and touch your life in a dramatic fashion.  Some of the people are just flickers of light during a long life, while others are consistent glows for years.  For me, GG was one with a bright everlasting glow.  She was a woman who lived life to the fullest and loved from her heart every chance she got.

She was so much, to so many. I remember the first time I saw GG was 10 years ago as I was playing a “Space Girl” in the famous Summer Mummers play back home.  You couldn't miss her, of course.  She was the beautiful 70 year old woman who was the first card girl in the “Olio” act that started the year I was born in 1979. Almost 32 years ago!! Her contagious personality could be received for miles…Tina (my counter part at the time) and I admired her beauty and classy style. I remember us both telling her we hoped we looked that good at her age!!!  She just had that special glow about her.

As I look at her life, it amazes me to see how she was so much too so many.  She lived a long beautiful life as a mother of four, and was a member and volunteer for several local charities in the Midland area over her years.  It has been said that "one of our greatest gifts to us is each other" and she truly reflected this in her life.  She was extremely beautiful both inside and out.  To those who knew her, no explanation is necessary... To those who didn't, no explanation is possible... GG, you leave an everlasting legacy, thank you for your beautiful spirit.

I'd like the memory of me
to be a happy one.
I'd like to leave an after glow
of smiles when life is done.
I'd like to leave an echo
whispering softly down the ways,
Of happy times and laughing times
and bright and sunny days.
I'd like the tears of those who grieve,
to dry before the sun
of happy memories
that I leave when life is done


1 comment: