Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Wife of Noble Character



Is there really such a thing as a total complete Proverbs 31woman? As I read this scripture the other day, I started feeling myself getting a little overwhelmed. When I was making my checklist and comparing notes, I couldn't help but think I sure have a long way to go to reach this woman God desires me to be. However, this scripture also gives me something greater to strive for in my daily life as a woman who loves Christ, a wife and mother.
 
Being a proverbs woman like anything in life takes work. I've got to work at becoming a good mother, good cook, good wife, and all those oher things.  We don't wake up one day and automatically become that woman. (Although it would be nice if I could magically have all of these qualities and never have to work at putting God and my family before myself.)
 
I've noticed as I reflect on areas of my life, I don't see any area that doesn't need work. There are times that I keep my house maintained and I am well aware of the things that are happening in my household, while other times, I feel like I'm missing the boat on so many levels. I don't think God's intentions were to overwhelm us as women, but to allow us the opportunity to live a deeper more fulfilled
life within him.
 
Keeping our life in tune with Christ is a huge part of making our qualities as women something that reflects Him and his life we have in Him. It's not an easy journey and one with many challenges but I'm fully up to giving Him my best and trusting He will do the rest. It's a never ending challenge and one that is well worth the price in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment