Friday, June 24, 2011

Distractions

I over do it!  If I'm on the Internet I stay on too long.  If I'm reading a book I want to read one more page. I start thinking about things and can't stop. Self Control and Balance...  My kids need my attention, my husband is on his last set of boxers and I can't help but get dragged into a black hole. Facebook... I spend entirely too much time online, wondering what other people are doing. Dallas Mommy, all of my routine websites I like to go to.
I need less of me and more of (Him > me). I don't think God would want me to structure my life in a way to crowd out the good things he has already given before me.  I pray that the Lord will help me to not get caught up in all of life's distractions.           

2 comments:

  1. I honestly use the computer to relax. It's time spent looking at things that I enjoy and it's a sorta me time in a way. The different things satisfy my ADD urges and then I'm able to face the day! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the computer and like you it's a great time to relax, but I catch myself using it too much. I just need to control it better. Set a time and stay off the rest.

    ReplyDelete