Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Diaper Jackpot!


I’ve been at the couponing thing for almost a year now, and what a difference it has made. When Russell and I looked into where our money was going, we found we were spending over 1,000/month on food and other supplies!  Yikes!  Since then  I’ve been trying to be more conscientious about spending and I thought using coupons was a good avenue to start saving.

At first I was overwhelmed by the logistics of couponing and I thought it was a waste of my time.  But after several months of practice, I can honestly say it’s become a pretty rewarding hobby that has saved my family lots of money.

All of the misconceptions I had about couponing have been thrown out the window.
I'm not one of those women who spend every second of my day cutting out coupons either. Yes, using coupons takes some time and planning, but it hasn’t taken over my life.  It takes about 20 minutes per week to clip and sort. I normally wait until mid-week to review what I have, compare prices and check the blogs. Getting  organised has been the biggest challenge, but since I’ve found a system that works, I’ve been able to spend less time preparing my trip.  It's been a wonderful time savings for my family and just enough of a challenge to keep me entertained.

A friend of mine found a great coupon deal on diapers a couple of weeks ago and took full advantage.  I ended up supplying our local pregnancy center with lots of diaper packages to help with their new babies.   Pick your jaw off the floor because I only paid $30 for all of this!

2 comments: