Saturday, September 1, 2012

I FINALLY hit my 5% Goal!!


It's been a challenging couple of weeks for me but I FINALLY hit my 5% goal!  It's taken seven full weeks to get to the half way mark but I believe I'm learning and building the skills I need to reach my life time membership goal. 

My clothes are feeling a little looser and my energy level is much better. After having gestational diabetes with Bailey and Colson, my doctor told me I was more likely to develop type two diabetes. This has been a constant thought that stalks me and I'm feeling much more at ease and in control.

Now that I’ve been at weight loss for a while, my habits – both good and bad- are coming into focus.  I’m feeling comfortable with the food plan and I’m ready to take on a few more challenges. One of my biggest challenges as a mom and wife, is how easy it is for me to get wrapped up in everyone else’s needs and forget about myself.  But I’m noticing when I respect my own needs; I’m showing my girls the importance of respecting them, too. 

Managing my inner voice has also made a HUGE difference.  Charla our leader, says "the key to success is managing the fat between the ears".  This is so true, my mind can make a big difference.  I’m trading my negative thoughts for positive ones and it feels wonderful. Most importantly, my friend Tina is also on this journey with me.  Having this accountability buddy has kept me encouraged and on track.

I know different things keep different people motivated.  The thing that has worked best for me is going to the meetings.  The people who are going are real with their struggles, and willing to celebrate the little changes they make in their daily habits.  There is definitely strength in numbers and meetings are what has made this different the second time around.  I still have a way to go, but for today, I'm celebrating this milestone.     

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you -- you have helped me reach this goal as well! I thought of this verse when I read your post tonight..

    Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
    9 Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labor:
    10 If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
    But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.
    11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
    But how can one keep warm alone?
    12 Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
    A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic Diane.. your hard work is truly paying off :)

    ReplyDelete