Friday, April 13, 2012

Freaky Friday

Did Friday the 13th freak you out? Strangely I suffer from friggatriskaidekaphobia, the scientific term for fear of Friday the 13th. Do you know that over 21 million people also fear this day? But unfortunately, there is no known cure for overcoming this superstition. But they say the hardest thing in life is letting go of what you thought was real right?
 
The morning started off a bit rough with Bailey up most of the night.  So I determined our luck might be better to stay home and hang low as much as possible.
After giving Bailey a much needed pedicure and nap, we decided to venture out. ( I know my limits.  I don't pay any attention to them, but I know them.)

My friend Tina helped me overcome my fear of this freaky Friday by celebrating the afternoon with a scavenger hunt with the kiddos. We Started off at the park eating lucky charms and hunting for both good luck charms and conquering bad luck superstitions. 

The list included the kids taking pictures of: a black cat, an open umbrella indoors, spilled salt, walking under a ladder, stepping on a crack, crossing your fingers, knock on wood, find a four leaf clover, find a horse shoe, a pot of gold, a rainbow and a rabbit foot.


Strangely enough, we found a black cat at the pet store and a few other items at the dollar tree.  The kiddos had a wonderful time making scary faces.
even though today helped me get past a few of my silly superstitions, you certainly will not be seeing me making any arrangements this weekend for a wood cabin at camp crystal lake. 

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you were afraid of Friday the 13th when you sent me that text telling me to be careful that day!! I was very superstitious about it when I was younger until I realized that really good things happened to me on those days. Now I look forward to it. Isn't that weird?? :)

    ReplyDelete