Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Finding Courage


Falling into a place where two seas met, they ran the ship aground; and the forepart stuck fast, and remained unmovable, but the hinder part was broken with  the violence of the waves. Acts 27:41

As I was reading my devotion today, in Acts 27:33-34 it talks about Paul finding courage in the stormy sea.  It's pretty amazing how God always finds the perfect way to speak to me through scripture!

We're going on our fourth day without air conditioning!!!  It's the hottest time of the year in Texas right now and I feel like Paul the apostle.  It's like I've been thrusted into this violent wave not knowing when the winds will calm.  It's definitely eye opening to realize how much I take for granted these "things" in my life... Just like many unexpected turns in my life, I do know that one thing is constant, I have a wise and powerful guide that will help me through these stormy trials.  If I put my trust in Him, he will get me through this and lead me to calmer waters.

Thankfully as I was telling my cousin today, we have a God who knows exactly what we need in our time of struggle.  The God to whom we belong, has brought two amazing people into our lives that have taken our family into their home for a breath of cool air. (You will notice above a sweet picture taken as Bailey warms up to Mr. Rey)  as the old saying goes, "a smooth sea never makes a good sailor"

Father, I know you've never promised that the sea would always be calm.  But you are present and steadfast when my little boat jostles in the waves of life. Please help me to always be mindful of your protecting hand. 

Psalm 57:2 "I cry to God the most high, to God who fulfills his purpose for me"

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you had two wonderful people in your life to help you in this time of need... and I'm really hoping you have AC now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Holli :) We finally got air!!! You don't realize what you've got sometimes until you go without:)

    ReplyDelete