Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Love is Patient at all times...


 "Never utter in your neighbor's absence what you would not say in their presence." St. Mary Magdalene of Pazzi

Ouch!!!  How well do I heed this wise advice?  This is one of the golden rules right?  So why is it so difficult some times to avoid falling into this gossip trap?  So often times we forget how delicate our words are to the people in our lives.  I have been the victim of rumors and sadly also the guilty party. It's a tough road to avoid when you are in the middle of it and very hurtful when you hear the after effects of it.

As I take a look into my own personal struggle with this problem, I must also take a deeper look at my relationship with my loving father.  Everyone knows that loving one another is of God.  Whenever I get caught up in this type of chitchat, I also find that many times it’s my own pride and ego that gets in the way of God’s truth.  When I can bring myself to recognizing this truth, thankfully, that's when humility steps in...

No one has ever seen God.  Yet if we love one another, God remains in us, and his love is brought to perfection in us.  This is how we know that we remain in him and him in us.  That he has given us his spirit. When I catch myself in hearsay, I must remember to always remain in his love and he will perfect my ways. It’s a tough act to follow, and it’s one with great challenge but as the famous verse in scripture says, 1 John 4:19 “We love because he first loved us.”

Whoever walks dishonestly reveals secrets.  But whoever is of a faithful soul conceals what is confided by a friend. Proverbs 11:13

1 comment:

  1. So true....it is easy to let words get away from me. Thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete