Monday, February 7, 2011

For Better Or For Worst

What kind of guy would I be if I walked out when she needed me the most?

As with every year, Russell and I enjoy watching American Idol. Even though I vow at the end of every season not to get sucked into the show, it never seems to fail we get hooked. As we were watching one of the auditions for this upcoming season, I couldn’t help but cry at the story of Chris Medina. He had more than just an amazing voice.

As shown in the above video, just over a year ago Chris was due to marry the love of his life when she had a tragic accident and suffered a brain injury. He had faith that she would wake up from the comma and she did, but not without many physical and mental challenges as a result of the accident. Understandably many would have thought nothing of him if he chose to walk away and live his own life. But, instead he says, "I was just about to make vows just two months from the accident: Through thick and thin, ‘Til death do us part, In sickness and in health, For better or for worst. What kind of guy would I be if I walked out when she needed me most?" Now that is incredible commitment, Integrity, and loyalty. Kind of makes me wonder how many men out there would do the same thing.

He held through during the darkest hour. For any of us, it’s easy to be loyal when the going is good and you are reaping the benefits. But the fact is, true loyalty and love is sticking around even after you stop gaining the rewards. Ouch!!! So totally against what the self seeking world would say. I look at this story and thank the Lord for his promise to never leave me even in my darkest hour. Even when I must hurt and frustrate him he is always loyal. What an amazing "real world" story of Love and faithfulness.

1 comment:

  1. I watch American Idol too and I was blown away by this man's love and support for his fiancee'.... what a guy!

    ReplyDelete