Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A new chapter

We took Kinley to her first day of kindergarten yesterday. All of us were a little nervous but only one of us cried. Sniff, Sniff.

Bailey, Colson and I had a quiet morning and met a friend for a play date. It was a strange and quiet afternoon. After pick up, we headed for ice cream to celebrate. It wasn't until we hit the parking lot and she threw up that I realized how bad her first day had been. Her nerves finally got the best of her. Fortunately she seemed to have a much better day today.

I spoke to a friend this morning who sent her son off to college. (I can only imagine how hard that must be). She was having a difficult time as we both shed a few tears together. I was humbled to see that no matter what age or stage in life we may be, change is inevitable for everyone.

It seems that here lately, I’ve been going through a lot of changes. Sometimes I find myself gripping my current situation with white knuckles and resisting change with every breath I take. The more I try to resist, the more depressed and anxious I become.

I know Kindergarten is a good change and even though it has a promise of good things to come, it’s still hard to say good bye to the things that I was enjoying. In many ways, part of me doesn’t want them to end. I know she needs to have a chance to start this ride, and learn to work her problems out on her own; but it still gives me a heavy heart. 

I don't want to just survive these changes in my life; I want to make the best of them.  So, starting tomorrow, I’m going to thank God for this wonderful season in my life and enjoy what He has in store for the both of us.  Deep breath...Change is a good thing.

CHERISH is the word...


 Building Memories together Kinley and Clara

Peaceful morning!



So tired after her first day... Dream on, little dreamer.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28





2 comments:

  1. This is precious Diane.... I won't pretend to know how you feel right now but I can say that I sympathize with you and I imagine I would feel the exact same way if I had a child. It really would be hard to see them start to grow up and move into a different stage in their lives. I'm always so happy to hear you talk about how blessed you are... the fact that you take time to acknowledge your feelings and thoughts is what makes you such a self-evolved person.

    Tell Kinley I hope she's having fun at school and making lots of new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Holli, your words always encourage my heart;) Let's get together soon for coffee! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete