Sunday, July 31, 2011

Life is a three ring circus

We took the girls to the circus last night and had a great time. It was so entertaining to see the thrills of each performance and watch the excitement build as the girls waited for the next big trick. There were a few times even Bailey seemed astonished at the outcome. I can't begin to imagine how much practice and patience goes into making this show flawless and complete. And yet they make it look so easy.
 
After the show, Russell and I jokingly said we should run off and join the circus...Ha! But we concluded that the Marlow circus goes on everyday in our world even if we don’t want to participate. For in our little world, we pretend, perform, balance and juggle many things including trying to be perfect at EVERYTHING. And even some days I would like to get a final applause and curtain drawn like in the outcome of the show and move on...
 
But the saying goes, the show must go on. However, In the midst of this life under the Marlow big top, I am thankful for a God who looks beyond my life’s performance and sees the real me. Underneath the layers of flaws and imperfections and my own personal desire to be extraordinary, I know deep down He loves me not for what I do, but for who I am. His love sees straight to my heart. When it's all said and done, and the last performance is over we should find comfort in knowing Gods approval is the only one that counts! After all isn't He the ultimate ringmaster?

 
 Just clowning around.

 Everyone enjoyed the elephants.



 Pretty amazing, this elephant was holding his weight with his trunk!

A true balancing act!

Here are a few clowns short of a circus...

3 comments:

  1. Great post Diane! I love how you write:)

    Looks like you all had a fun time too... I haven't been to the circus in years and years.... your post brought back great memories for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! You do write well....and very well put! Our church service was pretty much like this today...about not what we do but who we are through the inheritance of CHRIST!! =) I love you and am so blessed by your love for HIM and your desire to be a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your sweet words! It's a great outlet for me and hopefully one day my girls will have somthing to look back on;)

    ReplyDelete