Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Beautiful Branches


Amongst the crazy little turns in my life, I've been blessed with three mothers. I know you’re probably reading this and wondering how is that even possible? Well, to make a long story short, my dad has been married to three wonderful women: My mom a.k.a. GeeGaw, Kim (MeMom) and Charlene (Grandma Charlene).

Kim is my ex-stepmother who now lives in Alaska. She comes to visit throughout the year, the kids and I call her Me Mom. She is such a wonderful woman with a giving and joyful heart and we truly enjoy the times she comes to visit.

She spent the last couple of days with us during the Christmas holiday and while her visit was short, she wanted to take us shopping for little sprout (our baby boy to come). With the craziness that comes with the season and raising a busy family, I haven’t had time to do any baby shopping so this was a fun adventure. Luckily Me Mom knew exactly what I needed to start breaking in the excitement of getting ready for little man. It didn’t take long to get us all excited for this shopping adventure! We had a wonderful time and it was so nice to have MeMom share in this wonderful time in our lives.

Even though the divorce between my father and Me Mom happened almost eight years ago, she has made it a point to stay in my life through the years and for that I am very grateful. No, divorce is not something that brings happy thoughts to any of us. However, because of the faith I have in God, I know He can work within all situations for His glory. I’m living proof…He has worked miracles in my life in so many ways.

As you can see, my family tree is anything but normal. This tree defiantly contains many crooked branches and underneath those big twisted branches of my past, my childhood was distorted with alcohol, rejection, hate, and verbal abuse. But, when I became a mom, I determined that my family tree had to grow in a new direction. That’s when my faith became more important than anything in my life. Since my dependence has grown deeper in God, I have noticed wonderful new spouts of life taking my relationships in a new direction. I no longer have the need to hold on the burdens of my past. Today, I am so thankful for all three of these women in my life and the love each of them share with my girls. God has truly been good to me in some of the most amazing situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment