Monday, January 24, 2011

Dottie the Dove

Finally after several long anticipated months of waiting… Kinley was chosen to take the class pet home "Dottie the Dove” for the weekend.  Each week one student is picked to take her home and journal about her stay with our family. We really enjoyed her company and I thought it would be fun to share the adventure with you:)

Dottie’s Adventure With The Marlow’s


I was so happy to find out that I finally got to take Dottie Dove home with me, and I could tell she was super-excited as well!

It all started on Thursday when we got home. I introduced Dottie to my Mommy, Daddy, my little sister Bailey and our dog Sadie. They were really excited to have her at our house and Dottie said she felt right at home with us. Dottie had dinner with us then we got ready for bed. We found the perfect spot for Dottie’s house…right next to my bed where she enjoyed a peaceful night’s sleep.

On Friday, I woke up not feeling well at all. Mommy said I had “the bug”. Dottie said she likes bugs but I told her she didn’t want the bug I had. We took it easy that day by getting lots of rest on the couch. I was pretty sick but Dottie kept me company and made me feel a little better.

On Saturday, I was feeling a little more like myself. My Daddy took Dottie and me for a ride in his truck. Dottie found the perfect spot to ride…right on the dash! First we went to Mel’s Coney Island for lunch where we had hot dogs, french fries and a coke float. Dottie loved it! Then we went to Lowe’s and sat on the tractors and then to get an oil change. We didn’t get it changed though because there was a 4-hour wait! We spent the rest of the day just playing at the house.
Sunday came and “the bug” came back…I was sick again. We spent the morning in the Man-Cave watching Shrek Forever After. Dottie and I had never seen it before. Shrek is my favorite character and Dottie said Donkey is hers. I was sick all day but Dottie helped take good care of me.

On Monday, I was feeling better but still had to miss gymnastics. Dottie and I played most of the day with my Mommy and sister. It was a good relaxing day. When Daddy got home, he and Dottie and me played a game of Go-Fish then we went to Sonic for ice cream. It was awesome!

Dottie is the best dove ever and I’m so happy she got to meet my family and spend the weekend with us. We had lots of fun!

Kinley Marlow (Dottie’s caretaker: Jan. 20-24, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment