Thursday, February 14, 2013

True Love

Speak with Love - 1 Corinthians 13:1
 
I find comfort in knowing God never stops loving me.  Most of what the world calls “love” is conditional.  The funny way about this perspective is you get to be on the receiving end only if or because you are a certain way or if you do certain things.  I’ve realized as soon as I stop doing those things I see how quickly the “love” disappears.  Except when it comes to my relationship with God…His love is unconditional, permanent, and sure.  Just like sunlight it shines on me no matter what I do or don’t do.  I can’t cause it to burn more brightly.  And there’s absolutely no way I can possibly turn it off.  It is the great constant in my life – the one thing I can’t escape.  For this reason I know His love will never fail me. 

1 comment: