Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Seeking Peace


I’m sorting through the loss of a sweet woman who lost her battle with cancer last week.  I’m overwhelmed with sadness for her family and friends and the huge hole she has left here on earth.  She was such a beautiful soul. Regardless of my depth and understanding of the gospel I’m still devastated.  I don’t understand?  Why so young?  Why did her four children need to suffer through this?  As I ponder all of these questions I’m trying to reach for the comforter and pray for peace and take heart in the promises extended by our Savior.  

It’s so hard to let go though.  All day I’ve been trying to understand and accept His will.  His ways are greater than ours I keep telling myself but why does it need to hurt so much?  I’m clinging to the knowledge that God has lovingly assigned each person a time to die.  Dana’s time has come and passed.  She is no longer in pain.   

I’m trying to have faith and hold fast to the belief that God is mindful of us and He will supply every need to his children including Dana’s family during this time.  I pray that through this hard time I can trust in His eternal plan and be given strength to find peace in my soul. 

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit ~Psalm 34:18

 

2 comments:

  1. This was a beautiful post Diane and I can feel your pain and sorrow in your words. I'm sorry that she's gone and I hope that in time your pain lessens and that of her family and other friends. It's hard to understand why some are taken so young but I do believe that God has a purpose for everything and we're all here to learn and to help others learn through our life journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holli for your kind words. Yes, His ways are definetly not ours. I like your point on how we are all here to learn and help one another. This is a beautiful reminder that we are never meant to do this journey alone and that each of us has gifts that can only be given out of His love.

      Delete