Thursday, October 25, 2012

Infused


I was invited on a wonderful retreat this last weekend and man... it did wonders for my soul.  The retreat was about life and God and about the thousand ways we can find an awareness of God so that our lives are infused into one.  I learned about what it means to be a true friend and learning the importance of being truly vulnerable with those closest in my life.  I learned that life is a pilgrimage and that learning to embrace the imperfect parts of my life is the only true way I can find God’s grace, mercy and love.

Raising my family has been the toughest job I’ve ever endured.  Being a stay at home mom is not for the weak.  It’s emotionally and physically draining and some days I can only depend on God’s grace to get me through.  But as I left this retreat, I felt a little less crazy for wanting to believe that life with God is extraordinary and rich and worth loving and devoting myself to.  I left knowing it’s ok to celebrate the extraordinary nature of everyday life to the fullest. Yes it's true, today is enough & God is enough.

 
 


1 comment: