Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Seeking God



Romans 8:28


It has been a sad and disappointing day for our Country.  Despite what I guess the majority of Americans believe, I am the minority struggling to understand what went wrong.  I’m totally confused... How have we become so blinded by the truth?  How has our conscience become so misguided that our opinions are disconnected from the truth? We have moved further and further from our creator who is the source of all truth.  Saint Teresa of Avila said it beautifully "Christ does not force our will, He takes only what we give Him.  But He does not give Himself entirely until He sees that we yield ourselves entirely to him."  If we aren't advancing our way of His perfection and His will we will fall as a nation. 
This life passes so quickly, we are just pilgrims working out our salvation.  Tonight as I offer up this day, I pray that the Lord will bless this nation and that He will touch the hearts of all leaders.   I pray that He will make His presence known.    

No comments:

Post a Comment