Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ultrasound of my Heart

Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.  Psalm 139:23-24

One of the most amazing moments for most mothers is watching the ultrasound of their baby.   
As mentioned in my last blog, I had the opportunity to see our sweet baby boy floating peacefully with a room full of young adults. There is something unexplainable about watching the technician as she checks and makes sure all is well.   In some divine way, I felt this supernatural life working within me.  As I am going through this pregnancy, it makes me see how God must look at me on a spiritual level.

Spiritually, there are times in my life when I don’t know with certainty what is going on inside of me.  Most times, my spiritual side is working well as long as I try to empty myself so He can fill me.  Other times, some of the circumstances lead me to a negative outlook and a resentful attitude. I know there are many areas of my life as a woman, wife, and mother that I have a sinful attitude.  Some of my sinfulness runs in deeper areas of my life I cannot see, and it affects me on many levels and robs me of peace of mind. 

Psalm 139 is a beautiful prayer of permission for God to look inside of me and my spiritual condition.  This prayer helps me to look to God and ask him to help me in the areas of my life that need to be changed.  I need to let him take an “ultrasound” of my heart.  He sees things I cannot, and he knows the best treatment for the things that are wrong.  He is my divine physcian.


Help me father to empty myself in order for you to fill me with your love.  Help me to rely on you in every situation.  Help me to humble myself and acknowledge my weaknesses.  You are my creator and I am nothing without you.  Please change me and help me be spiritually healthy and content.

No comments:

Post a Comment