Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Thankful Heart


I can’t believe another year has come and gone! Last year, I started a personal quest to write down and reflect on my thankful list for the month of November. It became a great opportunity for me to reflect on God’s goodness in my life despite this chaos of a life. This year especially shined some much needed insight, wisdom and hope in my life. So here is my thankful list.

1. I'm thankful for friends in my life that will lay down whatever they are doing to help out where-ever they are needed. I'm realizing that some of the most wonderful moments in a friendship happen in the unforeseen, unplanned moments of life. These kinds of friends are truly a gift that can't be measured.
2. I'm thankful for my three beautiful children. Each of them have helped me see God in a new and wonderful way. It hasn't been easy - that's not how change works-but it's been worth it! Being their mom is one of the highest God-given privileges and honors of my life.
3. I'm thankful for hearts that never harden, tempers that never tire and patience that never wavers. I can sure learn a lot from them.
4. Today I'm thankful I have at least one child that doesn't talk back and throw tantrums. (I won't be able to say this next year:)
5. I’m thankful for God and for His grace in always finding me when I least deserve it.
6.  Thankful for my precious two year old who tells me I'm "cute" in the clothes I wear on laundry day that really make me look like an alien in a movie when kids dress it to look like a human. God Bless her sweet sweet heart.
7. Today I'm thankful for the amazing skill and talent it takes to trip over a flat surface. I'm sure a few are still getting a good chuckle out of it. (In Target right before Checkout)
8. I'm thankful for a sound mind and for God’s help when I fall short.
9. Thankful for a new day of life and my understanding that this is my temporary home and I'm really meant to live eternally in heaven:)
10. I'm thankful God continues to add to my life every day. He continues to build on what he has already taught and built in me. little by little.
11. Today I'm especially thankful for the simple blessings in my life. It's the simple, thoughtful, and caring acts of those in my life that make it that much sweeter.
12. Today I am thankful for having enough...
13. Tonight, I'm thankful for a ‘lived in' home. I’ve got an endless string of toys all over my living room floor and crumbs under the kitchen table but for some reason it's ok today...
14. I'm thankful for an amazing steering team of women who put their heart talent and time into making MOPS so wonderful! By far the best year I've been privileged to serve.
15. I'm thankful that I am a child of God and that I belong to Him. Above all others, He is the one I need to please.
16. Today and everyday I'm thankful for Russell. I often take for granted everything he does for our family. How did I ever get so lucky?
17. I am thankful for quiet moments when all three of my kiddos are sleeping.
18. I'm thankful for giggles and slobbery kisses!
19. I'm thankful for my early morning quiet time when the kiddos are still sleeping.
20. Thankful for Starbucks green tea and passion tea and a great phone chat with my wonderful friend Kirsten. I always enjoy our time catching up.
21. Today and everyday I am thankful for Kinley's loving and giving heart. She is so eager to take care of her brother and sister. Her love for them makes me smile.
21. My sweet friend Holli who came over today to take pictures of my family. She is such a blessing in my life.
22. Thankful that God loves every part of me despite ALL of my shortcomings.
24. Thankful for a wonderful day celebrating thanksgiving. It wasn’t the free range turkey, the stuffing, or the table settings, that made it a wonderful day. It was who was around the table that mattered most. We truly enjoyed each other’s company.

1 comment:

  1. This was beautiful Diane!! I'm thankful for YOU and your whole family as well :)

    And don't think I missed that Target one.... LOL!! Totally something I would do!!

    ReplyDelete