Friday, November 11, 2011

Five years in Frisco

This month marks 5 years since our move to Frisco.  Moving and starting over has been by far the hardest mountain I've ever climed.  After several repeated life lesson experiences, here are a few I've jotted down to share.

1. Living in one of the fastest growing city in the nation has taught me that even though everything around me changes, one thing stays the same... His Word, His Truth and His Light. God never changes.
2. There is nothing worse than having no friends, a six month old baby and no place to go. God definitely created us to have friendships!
3. I've learned to lay down my pride and ask for help. We all need support from time to time.
4. Parenting is way harder than I thought.
5. I can’t change my husband into my image. But I can expect him to work for the good of our family
6. My own family traditions are important. Every day and every week my family needs rituals and traditions of our own. Like movie night, game night and prayers before bed.
7. Facing my fears has helped me build strength and dependence on God.
8. Sometimes no matter how much I care, some people are just jerks.
9. I can't take everything so personally… it's not all about me.
10. Don't get buried in the details and miss the big picture.
11. We all deserve to be judged on more than just our lowest moments. That a moment of lost temper or regrettable word or action doesn’t negate everything else.
12. I will NEVER be perfect this side of heaven. No matter how hard I try.
13. Wishing things were different is a great way to torture myself.
14. Comparing my inside to everyone else’s outside is another great way to torture myself.
15. I can’t make everyone happy all the time.
16. There is always someone else who has it worse. 
17. Yelling always makes things worse. I’ve got to stay calm, if I'm freaking out my kids will too.
18. Nothing — ever — happens exactly like I pictured it. The daily struggle to throw out my own script is hard at times.
19. If I'm talking to someone I don’t know well, I may be talking to someone who knows way more about whatever were talking about than I do.
20. Hurt people hurt others. Cliché but true.
21. There are people who love me dearly but just don't know how to show it.
22. Laugh often, have fun and give only from my heart.  My sense of humor has kept me above water in many difficult situations.
23. No matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.
24. Be grateful and recognize God in everything He has given me. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
25. I still have a lot to learn, no one knows everything.

2 comments:

  1. This post right here is why I'm so happy to call you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holli! I'm happy to have you as a friend:)

    ReplyDelete