Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cookie Exchange


One of the most exciting things about Christmas is spending time with friends. Last week I was invited to a cookie exchange party.  We were asked to each bring a couple dozen cookies for the party and copies of the recipes to share.  When we got there, Meghan the host prepared a large table for everyone to set out the cookies.  She had a beautiful arrangement to make the table look wonderfully festive. 

I don’t know what it is about spending time with other moms that is so vital to my sense of well-being but I always feel so recharged and my outlook on life is always higher once I leave a get together like this. While the cookie exchange was so much fun to prepare for, the get together was the perfect outlet for all the moms to visit and get to know each other a little bit better. It was also nice to have a good laugh, get some good advice and be around moms who struggle with some of the same things.  It was the perfect gathering to lift my spirits and help me be a more peaceful person as well as a better mom this season.  Thanks Meghan!


1 comment:

  1. How fun! I'm glad you had a good time and that you have a good support network like this one... :)

    ReplyDelete